With the help of JLG, the City of St. Cloud has relocated the St. Cloud City Hall into the historic Tech High School that was previously vacated. Recognizing the value of the historic building, the City utilized the most historically significant portions of the 1916 and 1937 buildings and master plan the other major portions of the site for redevelopment.
The new City Hall features an easily identifiable entry created by a multi-story window throughout the lobby area. Once inside, the design creates a simple circulation system to provide easy access to departmental service counters for visiting citizens. In order to minimize demolition to the interior spaces, the City Hall uses much of the existing office space and room configurations, only renovating where necessary to create the desired flexible, open office environment. Existing windows throughout flood natural daylight into office spaces and take advantage of views to Lake George Park.