ND Museum of Art
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Constructed in 1907 as the original campus gymnasium for the University of North Dakota, the North Dakota Museum of Art renovated its space to become the State’s official art museum. A central mezzanine was added across the gym floor to expand exhibition space and create necessary support functions.
Remodeling included space for assembling exhibits, and storage for the museum’s permanent collection. Two elevators were also added to improve visitor access.
Mike Maidenberg, Former Publisher, Grand Forks Herald