The Chateau de Mores is the State Historical Site for the summer home of the Marquis de Mores, a French aristocrat and his east coast socialite bride, Medora Vallombrosa, the Marquise de Mores. Built in 1883 in the Dakota Badlands, the 26-room home was dubbed “The Chateau” and overlooked the small cattle town which the Marquis aptly named, Medora. The Interpretive Center – built below The Chateau by the State Park Service in the 1970s – had fallen into disrepair, unable to meet the current needs of the popular destination and exhibition venue. JLG’s new facility contains humidity-controlled exhibition spaces, a museum store, a meeting room, office space, storage space, and museum preparation spaces. The new Interpretive Center is now prepared to accommodate larger visitor groups, safeguard its exhibits, and continue to tell the stories of The Chateau’s legendary past.
Veterans Memorial Park – Al Palmer Visitor Center
Grand Forks, North Dakota