OPPORTUNITY IS IN OUR DNA
There’s no “I” in JLG; but there is a “We” in Awesome. In recognizing the soul (and future) of our company is in the hands of our young professionals, JLG created JLGdna – a totally unique training, mentorship, and social program for all of our emerging leaders. Within DNA, JLGers learn, develop, and grow in a collaborative program that supports and celebrates their individual strengths and dreams.
Forbes magazine has featured JLGdna, stating the platform “has been remarkably successful over the past seven years, shaving more than a year off of the national average for licensure and enjoying a 80+% retention rate of individuals who have moved through this program, with direct colleagiate recruiting now scaled across a five-state area.” To learn more about the five key pillars of the program, you can read the article here.
- Structured monthly training: What are the benefits of organized and facilitated instruction? Being introduced to information that would normally take months or years to learn on your own. Hearing answers to questions you may normally not think to ask. Not needing to motivate to gain the knowledge on your own. And you get to do it with your buddies! Win, win, win, win.
- AXP support: The national average of time it takes an architect to be licensed is 6.5 years; JLG’s young professionals average 3.7. JLG’s in-house AXP Coordinator helps DNAers navigate career development and architecture licensure, including monthly meetings to assure time is being logged and hard-to-achieve hours are being achieved.
- Branch: Our travel program helps build relationships both internally and externally by “vacationing” our DNAers in our different office locations to engage in the community, better get to know other JLGers, and deep-dive into specific design phases.
- Monthly design pin-ups: Our DNAers participate in regular design charrettes and pin-ups to flex their design muscles and share their valued input.
- Peer mentorship: No one is an island, and we pride ourselves on our supportive, non-competitive environment that helps our JLGers thrive.
- Social events: But, like, fun ones. From volleyball teams to daily 3:00 walks to pumpkin carving contests, we’re serious about having a good time.
- JLGives Back: Our JLGives Back program gives us the time to go into our communities – be it area elementary, middle, and high schools, civic groups, and more – to engage with future architects and truly make a difference.