River’s Edge Convention Center

St. Cloud, Minnesota

Since 1989, St. Cloud’s Civic Center had been operating as the City’s hub for entertainment. With 100,000 SF of space and thousands of events hosted, the building was in dire need of a renovation and update. Working with JLG, the City was able to double the size of the exhibit space, which can now accommodate basketball and volleyball games. The addition also added a new front facade and common entry area for a greater impact to guests. A parking ramp rounds out the program, further adding to the new campus aesthetic. Within the building’s now 150,000 SF is 16,000 SF of ballroom, 19 meeting rooms, flex space for varying events, and 60,000 SF of exhibit space. The addition to the facility was so dramatic that the Civic Center leveraged the opportunity for a total rebranding, including a name change to the River’s Edge Convention Center, an ode to the City’s 1856 settlement along the edge of the beautiful Mississippi River. JLG acted as Associate Architect to Hagemeister Mack Architects on this project