“On time, all the time” is the only way you work. Dollars and cents just make sense to you. “Accurate” is your middle name.
You want to work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Project Management Accountant. Not just any PM Accountant, mind you. A JLG PM Accountant:
- Is the backbone of the JLG Design Team. You represent JLG’s project managers and principals-in-charge in creating and managing project workbooks to make sure clients are billed accurately and consultants are paid in a timely manner.
- Has excellent time management and communication skills. You are an important part of keeping the JLG accounting department running efficiently by paying close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understands how it all comes together. You know the magic formula is “project budgeting+cost monitoring=success.”
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You are knowledgeable. You have a strong knowledge of accounting processes and procedures and know how to use the Microsoft Office suite – and you’re comfortable learning new accounting software.
- You are experienced. You have demonstrated bookkeeping/accounting experience and preferably a 2- or 4-year accounting degree from an accredited university or college.
- You are ready to apply. Due to the growth of the firm this new position has emerged. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
On a 20-below January day in 1989, Gary Johnson and Lonnie Laffen opened the doors to JLG Architects with little more than a stack of bumwad and a burning desire to truly make a difference through great design (and probably a space heater, because brr).
Thirty years later, we are one of the country’s 50 Most Admired Companies (MSN Money), 50 Best Places to Work (Inc. Magazine), and Architecture Giants (Building Design+Construction). That two-person firm may have grown to 120 professionals in 12 offices, but our driving force remains the same.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is the heart and brains of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. We live and work with passion; we never stop at “good enough” when it comes to our own expertise and aptitude, and are innovative and resilient in seeking out new ways to actively participate in the experience of being a JLGer.
In fact, our JLGers are so important that we became a 100% Employee-Owned ESOP in 2014 because the best place to grow your career is at a business of your own design. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
Beyond a love for award-winning architecture and chocolate-covered potato chips (not required), here is what makes a JLGer:
Design | We raise the bar.
We inspire and innovate through creative solutions that elevate expectations and outcomes.
RELATIONSHIPS | We build connections.
We nurture collaborative, supportive, authentic, respectful relationships through clear and honest communication and adaptive decision making.
COMMUNITY | We make a difference.
We find new ways to actively engage in and uplift all of our communities — from our professional network to our local neighborhood to our family of JLGers.
STEWARDSHIP | We take good care.
We take full responsibility for our clients’, firm’s, and Earth’s resources to make smart decisions and mitigate risks for today and tomorrow.
INTEGRITY | We do what we say.
We do right by our clients, our communities, and ourselves.
But wait, there’s more - here are a few other reasons why it’s good to be a JLGer:
- Agile workforce program
- Summer and flexible hours
- JLGfit program
- Company-wide events and in-house social gatherings
- 100%-paid Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurance; Health Savings Account; Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation time; paid personal/sick time; paid holidays; paid volunteer time; paid military service
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health/Daycare FLEX)
- Formal peer mentoring program; Company-sponsored training and continuing education
- Paid Architectural Registration Exams
- Endless growth opportunities
- For new graduates, a 3-year development program that cuts the time to licensure in half
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match contribution
- Licensure bonus program
- Discretionary bonuses
Responsible for assisting the Project Managers with project budgeting and cost monitoring through use of the firm’s accounting and project management software (Ajera) and related process Excel workbooks. Coordinate and report project monitoring results to PM group and other staff.
Location: Grand Forks, ND
- 2 or 4 year Accounting degree from an accredited university or college (preferred)
- Extensive (minimum of two years) and pertinent accounting/bookkeeping experience may be used in lieu of an earned degree
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist Project Managers with project budget creation and subsequent continual monitoring of actual progress compared with approved project budgets. Consistent, timely and accurate reporting/reviews of all JLG active projects is required.
- Assist Project Managers and Partners-in-Charge in monitoring of client and consultant contracts to ensure we get signed contracts in a timely fashion.
- Understand and implement general office standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepare various project operating reports from the firm's project/accounting software.
- Assist other JLG accounting staff to ensure timely, complete and accurate entry of project costs - especially project consultant costs.
- Assist other JLG accounting staff, as necessary, to ensure timely and accurate production of project management reports and firm financial reports.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office as well as general accounting software is preferred.
o "Can-do" outlook - hold a positive and helpful perspective while performing your work.
o Willingness to do what it takes - be proactive and outgoing in determining ways to improve the firm.
o Sense of ownership and responsibility - must be willing to hold yourself accountable for your work.
- Skill sets:
o Organizational skills - must be able to organize and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
o Communication skills - must have effective communication skills (both written and verbal) to communicate with a variety of internal and external partners
o Technical skills - must have education and/or experience in the accounting field.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."