Human Resources Coordinator
You were voted “Best Listener” in school. You put the “Resources” in Human Resources. You thrive on details and processes. “Organization” is your middle name.
You want to contribute, and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator. Not just any Human Resources Coordinator, mind you.
A JLG Human Resources Coordinator:
- Knows his or her stuff. Human resources, federal and state employment laws, record keeping, recruitment and compliance practices – yeah, you got this.
- Works well with others. You are a strong verbal and written communicator, and even better at managing and maintaining confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
- Is always ready to help. Assisting JLG’s Human Resources Department means you are reliable, self-motivated, great at mathematical and statistical calculations and data entry, and can quickly learn new tasks and software applications.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You are a professional. You hold a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, or a related field with a minimum of two years of relevant experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential duties of the job).
- You are experienced. You have knowledge of employment laws, recruitment, compliance, compensation, benefits, and employee relations.
On a 20-below January day in 1989, Gary Johnson and Lonnie Laffen opened the doors to JLG Architects with little more than a stack of bumwad and a burning desire to truly make a difference through great design (and probably a space heater, because brr).
Thirty years later, we are one of the country’s 50 Most Admired Companies (MSN Money), 50 Best Places to Work (Inc. Magazine), and Architecture Giants (Building Design+Construction). That two-person firm may have grown to 120 professionals in 12 offices, but our driving force remains the same.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is the heart and brains of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. We live and work with passion; we never stop at “good enough” when it comes to our own expertise and aptitude, and are innovative and resilient in seeking out new ways to actively participate in the experience of being a JLGer.
In fact, our JLGers are so important that we became a 100% Employee-Owned ESOP in 2014 because the best place to grow your career is at a business of your own design. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
Beyond a love for award-winning architecture and chocolate-covered potato chips (not required), here is what makes a JLGer:
DESIGN | We raise the bar.
We inspire and innovate through creative solutions that elevate expectations and outcomes.
RELATIONSHIPS | We build connections.
We nurture collaborative, supportive, authentic, respectful relationships through clear and honest communication and adaptive decision making.
COMMUNITY | We make a difference.
We find new ways to actively engage in and uplift all of our communities — from our professional network to our local neighborhood to our family of JLGers.
STEWARDSHIP | We take good care.
We take full responsibility for our clients’, firm’s, and Earth’s resources to make smart decisions and mitigate risks for today and tomorrow.
INTEGRITY | We do what we say.
We do right by our clients, our communities, and ourselves.
But wait, there’s more - here are a few other reasons why it’s good to be a JLGer:
- Agile workforce program
- Summer and flexible hours
- JLGfit program
- Company-wide events and in-house social gatherings
- 100%-paid Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurance; Health Savings Account; Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off; paid holidays; paid bereavement; paid parental leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health/Daycare FLEX)
- Formal peer mentoring program; Company-sponsored training and continuing education
- Paid Architectural Registration Exams and Licensure
- Endless growth opportunities
- For new graduates, a 3-year development program that cuts the time to licensure in half
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match contribution
- Licensure bonus program
- Discretionary bonuses
Serve as the backbone to elevate Human Resource operations in the areas of HRIS administration, talent acquisition and management, legal compliance, benefit administration, research, reporting, and other related operational activities to deliver the JLG brand.
Location: Grand Forks, ND
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, accounting, business administration or related field
- Minimum two years of relevant experience with HRIS, recruitment, benefit administration, government reporting, and federal and state employment law compliance
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Resourceful team player with superb attention to detail and ability to critically analyze data and maintain confidential information with discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport
- Proficient in MS Office suite and ability to learn other programs
Ensure accurate records and compliance measures
- Serve as chief record-keeper and compliance administrator to ensure JLG's HRIS systems are current to meet firm, government, and compliance reporting measures, and oversee Affirmative Action plan.
Provide an elevated candidate experience
- Assist HR department with applicant tracking and communication, metrics, oversee onboarding to meet department goals, and source candidates to meet hiring objectives.
Research guru that advances the JLG brand
- Support the department through conducting research and administration of compensation and benefits.
Coordinate to deliver seamless execution
- Assist HR and Operations team with gathering information and coordinating performance process to advance talent management.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."