You’re so creative, people cheer with every pencil stroke. You’re so enthusiastic, you are your own ticker-tape parade. You thrive on detail, you crush deadlines, and you’re such a great multi-tasker that you’re reading this while building a better birdhouse.
You want to learn about every single aspect of the interior design world and work with some of the most creative, fun, and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Student Intern – Interior Designer. Not just any intern, mind you. A JLG Student Intern – Interior Designer:
- Is a Jack of All Trades. Researcher? Check. Revit Guru? Check. Event enthusiast, graphic designer, detail librarian…check, check, check.
- Is eager to learn. We want our student interns to become future firm employees, so it’s important that they are continuously developing Project Support skills, from developing interior designer abilities to communicate with clients and coworkers to creating your own personal ethics.
- Does whatever it takes. Our student interns are just as responsible for our work as our lead architects, and so it’s up to them to keep us successful time and time again.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You need to be a student. You must be in the process of seeking a professional degree from an accredited university.
- You know what it means to be a team player. Your “can-do” outlook and willingness to do what it takes garners the respect and confidence of your peers and project team. You communicate. You have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- You are ready to apply. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
Responsible for assisting JLG in all areas of design by following the established JLG standards and performing routine entry-level task and assignments
Position Location: Open to consider any JLG office location
o Pursuing a degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited university
o Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interview and effectively present information
o Familiarity with industry-standard tools and software such as Revit, Photoshop, SketchUp, etc.
o Passion for interior design
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Work with Interior Designers to advance design discourse and contribute to the elevation of JLG's design brand
o Support Senior Interior Designers and Architects with all aspects of project work
o Assist with the creation of an organized and comprehensive materials virtual library
o Assist with project documentation, program documentations, and client presentations
o Continue to advance your own personal and professional development in alignment with JLG objectives
o Serve as a firm-wide recourse for interior design
o "Can-do" outlook
o Willingness to do what it takes
o Sense of ownership and responsibility
o Skill Sets:
o Organization skills
o Communication skills
o Design capacity
o Analytical Skills
o Technical Skills
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."