Dollars and cents just make sense to you. You are so organized that your friends give you color-coded tabs for your birthday. “Check, Double-check” is your unofficial slogan and “Always on Time” is your middle name.
You want to work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Staff Accountant. Not just any Accountant, mind you. A JLG Staff Accountant:
- Is beyond trustworthy and professional. You perform payroll processing and manage benefits for 100+ people, and they can trust that you will get it right.
- Has excellent time management and communication skills. On time, all the time is the only way you work; you are an important part of keeping the JLG accounting department running efficiently.
- Does what it takes. Internal credit card management, company accounts payable, expense management - whatever it is, you get it done accurately and with a sense of ownership.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You are knowledgeable. You have a strong knowledge of accounting processes and procedures and know how to use the Microsoft Office suite – and you’re comfortable learning new accounting software.
- You are experienced. You have demonstrated bookkeeping/accounting experience and preferably a 2- or 4-year accounting degree from an accredited university or college.
- You are ready to apply. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
Inc. Magazine’s Best Place to Work. MSN Money’s Top 50 Most Admired U.S. Companies. The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Top 25 Architecture Firms in the Twin Cities. PSMJ Circle of Excellence. Architectural Record Top Architecture Firms. ENR Top 500 Firm. The Zweig Group Top 25 Hot Firm. Grow Grand Best Firm for Young Professionals.
Oh, and we have a couple of design awards, too – somewhere in the area of 100.
For 29 years, JLG Architects has helped our clients work leaner, cleaner, and better. We create comfortable, inviting, exciting environments that raise productivity and lower sick days.
We find unique high performance opportunities to reduce – and sometimes even eliminate – operations costs. We stay on budget, period.
We understand that architecture is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we want to make the most of it. We work hard, and we love what we do.
Nothing makes us more proud than the success of our clients. We make the design and construction process easy so they can focus on being the best in their respective industries.
We have 100 professionals in twelve offices across the Midwest because we want to be a part of the communities where we work and live every day.
More importantly, our employees are what make us JLG. They are the brains behind our award-winning designs, the heart of our corporate family, and the reason we have been named a Best Place to Work firm, both for professionals and early career adults.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is a part of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
To find out more, please visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers.
• 2 or 4 year Accounting degree from an accredited university or college (preferred)
• Pertinent accounting/bookkeeping experience may be used in lieu of an earned degree.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: include the following (other duties may be assigned)
• Accounts payable management and reconciliation
• Credit card expense management and reconciliation
• In-house expense management and reconciliation
• Offer support in other accounting department areas, including (but not limited to):
• Project management and cash management, accounts receivable and fixed assets.
• Coordinate with other accounting staff to ensure JLG operations and activities are accounted for in an accurate and timely fashion.
- “Can-do” outlook – maintain a positive and constructive perspective while performing work.
- Willingness to do what it takes – be proactive and outgoing in determining ways to improve the firm.
- Sense of ownership and responsibility – must be willing to hold yourself accountable for your work.
- Skill sets:
- Communication skills – must possess effective communications skills and be able to communicate with a variety of internal and external partners.
- Technical abilities – must have appropriate accounting education and/or experience. A high level of Microsoft Office competency is preferred.
Perform payroll processing for 100+ employees, employee benefit management, company accounts payable, internal credit card management, in-house expense management and various other accounting duties as needed.
Position Location: Grand Forks, ND