Every serious athletics and wellness architectural studio leader should have a deep passion and portfolio in award-winning arenas along with superior communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
You are more than an architect; you are the builder of communities, the voice of the people, and the greatest sports fan who ever lived. You not only can sell ice cubes to an Eskimo, you know the secret to setting up those ice cubes juuuuuust so in order to lower ice plant costs and improve per-seat profitability.
You want to lead, and reap the profits of your efforts, and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips.
Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Practice Leader for our Athletics and Wellness studio. Not just any Practice Leader, mind you. The JLGsport Practice Leader:
- Helps JLG to work on the best projects, for the best clients. The JLGsport leader builds relationships and elevates the role of marketing and business development within the company to assure JLG is the firm of choice for the clients and communities we seek to serve.
- Is the go-to thought leader for anything and everything related to recreational architecture. Our JLGsport leader understands the needs and trends in the industry and how to speak the language of the building type in order to provide leadership for the design and planning activities in for the initial phases of the projects.
- Educates, Trains, Researches, and Elevates. Like our communities, JLG is always growing, and our JLGsport Practice Leader will guide the entire JLGsport team into the future.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You need to be an experienced sports and wellness architect. You need a minimum of 10 years of post-graduate building type expertise in athletics and recreation projects, and a portfolio that includes financial, schedule, and overall project management.
- You know people. You have a history of client sponsorship and management, as well as a proven track record of turning those relationships into built work.
- You know what it means to be a leader. Your "can-do" outlook and willingness to do what it takes garners the respect and confidence of your peers and project team. You stick to your budgets and schedules, period. You communicate. "Organized" is your middle name.
Responsible for the development and execution of all Sports and Wellness projects including business development, client sponsorship, division expertise and advancement, programming and design, and team.