You are the future of our firm and we want you to be a part of JLGDNA! We aspire to unite our new graduates together for development and affiliation to elevate your overall career advancement and earn licensure quickly.
DNA is a peer-organized group at JLG Architects, committed to Developing New Architects (DNA), whose objective is to support recent graduates toward obtaining licensure as an architect. JLGDNA has four areas of emphasis: preparation, outreach, social affiliation, and work experience/design.
- The goal of DNAprep is to provide members with resources to help them prepare for their ARE tests. Half of the battle in testing is having the confidence to start; DNA prep provides a framework of resources to give members confidence to begin that first test.
- DNAreach is a way for you to relate yourself with others from across the 12 JLG locations, helping us attain a unified 1 firm mindset.
- DNAsocial is a way for you to connect & inform the group on what's happening in your personal life, your city/community, or your office! You'll always know what's going on!
- DNAwork is a way for you to share those details that you have been slaving over for weeks and to discuss AXP progress. It is also a way to find project job sites to visit, and explore the buildings that we design and build.
Opportunity at JLG emerges when an individual’s skills, interests, passions and goals are well-communicated, pursued with dedication, and strongly align with firm needs.
Curious to find out more? Email any questions about opportunity and our JLGDNA program to HR@jlgarchitects.com.
- Professional degree from an accredited university (BArch or MArch)
- Allied professionals (landscape architecture, interior design, etc.) may qualify, with their credentials reviewed on a case-by-case basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Revit experience required
- Verbal, graphic and written communication skills
- Design aptitude as evidenced in professional portfolio
- Positive “can do” attitude
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist Project Manager and project team (including Job Captain) with project delivery at all phases of design.
- Take responsibility for monthly staffing assignments and be proactive in communicating with project team to understand expectations.
- Understand and implement JLG office standards, policies and procedures.
- Acquire a competent knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Obtain experience in dealing with governmental agencies, building codes and zoning ordinances.
- Develop ability to communicate with project team, clients, consultants and contractors.
- Gain sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines to understand building integration.
- Acquire knowledge of construction process sufficient to communicate instructions to contractors.
- Explore professional ethics applying to the practice of Architecture.
- Gain an understanding of JLG sustainability initiatives and the LEED process by and overseeing this on at least one project.
- Transfer “redlined” changes to update drawings.
- Understand everything you do; ask questions when you don’t know.
- Develop higher level Revit proficiency and knowledge of JLG Revit standards.
- Develop analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Eligible to apply for “visualization technician” concurrent with this job description.
- Complete the Architectural Experience Program (AXP).
Note: assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes.
TARGET UTILIZATION RATE: 80%
- “Can-do” outlook
- Willingness to do what it takes
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Design capacity
- Technical skills
Responsible for assisting the Project Manager/Job Captain with project delivery by performing routine tasks and assignments, with emphasis on developing the Revit model to align with design intent.
- Architectural, post-graduate
- Apply by: 2/14/2018