“On time, all the time” is the only way you work. Dollars and sense just make sense to you. “Accurate” is your middle name.
You want to work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Project Management Accountant. Not just any PM Accountant, mind you. A JLG PM Accountant:
- Is the backbone of the JLG Design Team. You represent JLG’s project managers and principals-in-charge in creating and managing project workbooks to make sure clients are billed accurately and consultants are paid in a timely manner.
- Has excellent time management and communication skills. You are an important part of keeping the JLG accounting department running efficiently by paying close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understands how it all comes together. You know the magic formula is “project budgeting+cost monitoring=success.”
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You are knowledgeable. You have a strong knowledge of accounting processes and procedures and know how to use the Microsoft Office suite – and you’re comfortable learning new accounting software.
- You are experienced. You have demonstrated bookkeeping/accounting experience and preferably a 2- or 4-year accounting degree from an accredited university or college.
- You are ready to apply. Do to the growth of the firm this new position has emerged. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
Inc. Magazine’s Best Place to Work. MSN Money’s Top 50 Most Admired U.S. Companies. The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Top 25 Architecture Firms in the Twin Cities. PSMJ Circle of Excellence. Architectural Record Top Architecture Firms. ENR Top 500 Firm. The Zweig Group Top 25 Hot Firm. Grow Grand Best Firm for Young Professionals.
Oh, and we have a couple of design awards, too – somewhere in the area of 100.
For 29 years, JLG Architects has helped our clients work leaner, cleaner, and better. We create comfortable, inviting, exciting environments that raise productivity and lower sick days.
We find unique high performance opportunities to reduce – and sometimes even eliminate – operations costs. We stay on budget, period.
We understand that architecture is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we want to make the most of it. We work hard, and we love what we do.
Nothing makes us more proud than the success of our clients. We make the design and construction process easy so they can focus on being the best in their respective industries.
We have 100 professionals in twelve offices across the Midwest because we want to be a part of the communities where we work and live every day.
More importantly, our employees are what make us JLG. They are the brains behind our award-winning designs, the heart of our corporate family, and the reason we have been named a Best Place to Work firm, both for professionals and early career adults.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is a part of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
To find out more, please visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers.
- 2 or 4 year Accounting degree from an accredited university or college (preferred)
- Extensive (minimum of two years) and pertinent accounting/bookkeeping experience may be used in lieu of an earned degree
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist Project Managers with project budget creation and subsequent continual monitoring of actual progress compared with approved project budgets. Consistent, timely and accurate reporting/reviews of all JLG active projects is required.
- Assist Project Managers and Partners-in-Charge in monitoring of client and consultant contracts to ensure we get signed contracts in a timely fashion.
- Understand and implement general office standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepare various project operating reports from the firm’s project/accounting software.
- Assist other JLG accounting staff to ensure timely, complete and accurate entry of project costs – especially project consultant costs.
- Assist other JLG accounting staff, as necessary, to ensure timely and accurate production of project management reports and firm financial reports.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office as well as general accounting software is preferred.
o “Can-do” outlook – hold a positive and helpful perspective while performing your work.
o Willingness to do what it takes – be proactive and outgoing in determining ways to improve the firm.
o Sense of ownership and responsibility – must be willing to hold yourself accountable for your work.
- Skill sets:
o Organizational skills – must be able to organize and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
o Communication skills – must have effective communication skills (both written and verbal) to communicate with a variety of internal and external partners
o Technical skills – must have education and/or experience in the accounting field.
Responsible for assisting the Project Managers with project budgeting and cost monitoring through use of the firm’s accounting and project management software (Ajera) and related process Excel workbooks. Coordinate and report project monitoring results to PM group and other staff.
Position Location: Grand Forks, ND