- Current architectural registration/licensure required
- A minimum of two professional recommendations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to function in all phases of project development from SD through Construction Phase
- Advanced understanding of building materials and construction methods
- Thorough knowledge of JLG production standards, tools and processes
- Advanced knowledge of building codes
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Highly-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills and an ability to work well with others
- Revit aptitude
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Client Contact
- Serve as main point of client contact
- Secure design phase reviews and written approvals
- Maintain client's schedule and budget parameters
- Manage client expectations throughout the project, including construction phase
- Approve invoices and oversee AR collections
- Provide weekly or bi-weekly Project Status Report to the PIC and client for active projects. Inactive projects shall have a monthly update
- Complete an Owner / Client survey at the end of construction for each project
- Project Accountability
- Participate in proposal writing, especially drafting work plans
- Coordinate with PIC and Staffing Coordinator to populate project team
- Propose consultants, fees for approval by PIC and execute consultant contract(s)
- Implement project communications plan, including roles and responsibilities for client, project team and consultants
- Communicate contracted scope of work and execute contract terms to project team
- Meet project profit goals through internal schedule and budget management
- Provide the information to set-up and maintain the PM workbook to PM Accountant, or Project Operations Manager, including the Fee, Staff Budget, and Schedule
- Gage project progress and provide Report Percent Complete
- Invoicing review and approve consultants and other expenses
- Team coordination
- Plan and review team assignments and work plan with PIC and project team.
- Schedule and administer team meetings, including technical specialists and consultants.
- Work with Principal to determine role/responsibility of all project team members, especially in terms of client communication.
- Review internal and construction cost budgets and schedules with Project Manager.
- Confidently display a sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines and construction practices to coordinate with consultants and contractors.
- Project Delivery
- Have a clear understanding of the contracted scope of work and align the Project Checklist accordingly. Develop the project workplan to align and hold project teams accountable.
- Execute the project work plan using the JLG Project Checklist.
- Assume direct responsibility for quality control of the project; review and approve the technical content and method of presentation of all project deliverables, following es tablished JLG standards and processes.
- Submit project checklist to Principal on a weekly basis for review and approval.
- Coordinate all of the technical efforts of the team members.
- Display a competent knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Understand the requirements of and clearly communicate with governmental agencies, building codes and zoning jurisdictions.
- Hone knowledge of professional ethics applying to the practice of Architecture.
- Note: assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes.
TARGET UTILIZATION RATE: 80%
- Manage the JLG Project Checklist.
- Oversee the design and technical execution of the project.
- Report directly to the Project Manager any matters that jeopardize the success of project which cannot be resolved at intermediate levels of responsibility, including staff performance.
- Participate in 360 degree employee review process, providing accurate and meaningful feedback especially as it relates to the JLG organizational structure.
- Can-do outlook
- Willingness to do what it takes
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Technical skills
- Design experience and capacity
- Schedule and budget control
- Communication project team, PIC, consultants, and other stakeholders
- Client Relations
- Financial performance / accountability
- Respect and confidence of peers and project team
Manages the work of the project team to assure that the owner's project goals are met, the documents are developed in accordance with internal and construction cost budgets and schedules, and the firm's quality control objectives are achieved per the JLG Project Checklist and standards.