You are more than just someone who “knows Revit”– you and BIM are basically best friends. Your favorite reading material is an instruction manual. Your other best friends are contractors, building code officials, and engineers. You crush deadlines, and you’re such a great multi-tasker that you’re reading this while tuning up your motorcycle.
You want to learn about every single aspect of the architecture world and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Project Technician. Not just any professional, mind you.
A JLG Project Technician:
- Delivers. A Project Technician assists the JLG Project Managers and Job Captains with project delivery at all phases of design. Whatever needs doing gets done, including understanding taking responsibility for monthly staffing assignments for the entire team.
- Follows the JLG Project Checklist. We have spent nearly 30 years creating an air-tight project handbook, and a JLG Project Technician understands and implements that to the letter.
- Knows what it takes to turn a pile of redlines into a building. A JLG Project Technician understands building materials and construction techniques, and has experience in working with governmental agencies, building codes, and zoning ordinances.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You have 5 years of professional experience and a post-secondary degree. You must hold a professional degree from an accredited university, and have a minimum of 5 years of experience in building technology, product research and specification, and Architectural Construction Document drafting.
- You must understand technology. Specifically, BIM. You must be an experienced Revit user to the point that you can use and teach the program.
- You have a great attitude. You have excellent verbal, graphic, and written communication skills.
- You are ready to apply. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
Inc. Magazine’s Best Place to Work. MSN Money’s Top 50 Most Admired U.S. Companies. The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Top 25 Architecture Firms in the Twin Cities. PSMJ Circle of Excellence. Architectural Record Top Architecture Firms. ENR Top 500 Firm. The Zweig Group Top 25 Hot Firm. Grow Grand Best Firm for Young Professionals.
Oh, and we have a couple of design awards, too – somewhere in the area of 100.
For 29 years, JLG Architects has helped our clients work leaner, cleaner, and better. We create comfortable, inviting, exciting environments that raise productivity and lower sick days.
We find unique high performance opportunities to reduce – and sometimes even eliminate – operations costs. We stay on budget, period.
We understand that architecture is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we want to make the most of it. We work hard, and we love what we do.
Nothing makes us more proud than the success of our clients. We make the design and construction process easy so they can focus on being the best in their respective industries.
We have 100 professionals in twelve offices across the Midwest because we want to be a part of the communities where we work and live every day.
More importantly, our employees are what make us JLG. They are the brains behind our award-winning designs, the heart of our corporate family, and the reason we have been named a Best Place to Work firm, both for professionals and early career adults.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is a part of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
- Post-secondary degree
- 5 years of professional experience minimum, including:
o Building technology
o Product research and specification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Revit proficiency (Level 4: Knowledge, utilization and ability to teach the program)
- Verbal, graphic and written communication skills
- Design aptitude as evidenced in professional portfolio
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Competent understanding of building materials and construction methods
- Basic knowledge of building codes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist Project Manager and project team (including Job Captain) with project delivery at all phases of design.
- Take responsibility for monthly staffing assignments and be proactive in communicating with project team to understand expectations.
- Understand and implement JLG office standards, policies and procedures.
- Apply acquired knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques to ensure document quality.
- Get experience in dealing with governmental agencies, building codes and zoning ordinances.
- Develop ability to communicate with project team, clients, consultants and contractors.
- Gain sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines to understand building integration.
- Acquire knowledge of construction process sufficient to communicate instructions to contractors.
- Explore professional ethics applying to the practice of Architecture.
- Transfer “redlined” changes to update drawings.
- Understand everything you do; ask questions when you don’t know.
- Develop knowledge of JLG Revit Standards.
- Develop analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Note: assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes.
TARGET UTILIZATION RATE: 85%
o “Can-do” outlook
o Willingness to do what it takes
o Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Skill sets:
o Organizational skills
o Communication skills
o Design capacity
o Technical skills
Responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Job Captain with project delivery by following the established JLG standards and performing routine tasks and assignments, with emphasis on developing the Revit model to align with design intent.