Every serious multi-family housing studio leader should have a deep passion and portfolio in award-winning mixed-use, market rate, and affordable housing along with superior communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
You are more than an architect; you are the builder of communities, the voice of the people, and the redliner of the AIA Housing Awards. You not only can sell ice cubes to an Eskimo, you know the secret to setting up those ice cubes juuuuuust so in order to lower heating costs and improve marketability.
You want to lead, and reap the profits of your efforts, and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips.
Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Practice Leader for our Multi-Family Housing studio. Not just any Practice Leader, mind you. The JLGdwell Practice Leader:
- Helps JLG to work on the best projects, for the best clients. The JLGdwell leader builds relationships and elevates the role of marketing and business development within the company to assure JLG is the firm of choice for the clients and communities we seek to serve.
- Is the go-to thought leader for anything and everything housing. Our JLGdwell leader understands the needs and trends in the industry and how to speak the language of the building type in order to provide leadership for the design and planning activities in for the initial phases of the projects.
- Educates, Trains, Researches, and Elevates. Like our communities, JLG is always growing, and our JLGdwell Practice Leader will guide the entire JLGdwell team into the future.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You need to be an experienced housing architect. You need a minimum of 10 years of post-graduate building type expertise in multi-family/mixed-use dwell projects, and a portfolio that includes financial, schedule, and overall project management.
- You know people. You have a history of client sponsorship and management, as well as a proven track record of turning those relationships into built work.
- You know what it means to be a leader. Your "can-do" outlook and willingness to do what it takes garners the respect and confidence of your peers and project team. You stick to your budgets and schedules, period. You communicate. "Organized" is your middle name.
- You are ready to apply. Apply now and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
Manages the work of the project team to assure that the owner's project goals are met, the documents are developed in accordance with internal and construction cost budgets and schedules, and the firm's quality control objectives are achieved per the JLG Project Checklist and standards.