Human Resources Coordinator
You were voted “Best Listener” in school. Your career aspiration is to make others’ career dreams come true. You thrive on details and processes. Organized is your middle name.
You want to lead, and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator. Not just any Human Resources Coordinator, mind you.
A JLG Human Resources Coordinator:
- Knows his or her stuff. Human resources, employee relations, federal and state employment laws, record keeping, and recruiting and interviewing practices – yeah, you got this.
- Works well with others. You are a strong verbal and written communicator, and even better at managing and maintaining confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
- Is always ready to help. Assisting JLG’s Human Resources Director means you are reliable, self-motivated, great at record keeping and data entry, and can quickly learn new tasks and software applications.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You are a professional. You hold a Bachelor’s degree in human resources, or a related field with a minimum of two years of HR experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential duties of the job).
- You are experienced. You are trained in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and preventative labor relations – and you potentially have your HRCI and/or SHRM certifications.
- You are ready to apply. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
Inc. Magazine’s Best Place to Work. MSN Money’s Top 50 Most Admired U.S. Companies. The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Top 25 Architecture Firms in the Twin Cities. PSMJ Circle of Excellence. Architectural Record Top Architecture Firms. ENR Top 500 Firm. The Zweig Group Top 25 Hot Firm. Grow Grand Best Firm for Young Professionals.
Oh, and we have a couple of design awards, too – somewhere in the area of 100.
For 29 years, JLG Architects has helped our clients work leaner, cleaner, and better. We create comfortable, inviting, exciting environments that raise productivity and lower sick days.
We find unique high performance opportunities to reduce – and sometimes even eliminate – operations costs. We stay on budget, period.
We understand that architecture is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we want to make the most of it. We work hard, and we love what we do.
Nothing makes us more proud than the success of our clients. We make the design and construction process easy so they can focus on being the best in their respective industries.
We have 100 professionals in twelve offices across the Midwest because we want to be a part of the communities where we work and live every day.
More importantly, our employees are what make us JLG. They are the brains behind our award-winning designs, the heart of our corporate family, and the reason we have been named a Best Place to Work firm, both for professionals and early career adults.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is a part of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or a related field with a minimum of two years human resources experience preferred; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- HRCI or SHRM certification preferred, not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource, employee relations, federal and state employment laws, record keeping, recruiting and interviewing principles and practices
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet applications
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills and an ability to work well with others to support the JLG culture
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion
- Detail orientated with ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously and thoroughly
- Reliable and self-motivated to quickly learn new tasks and software applications
- Experience with mathematical and statistical calculation, data entry, maintaining records, and compiling, analyzing, and summarizing information
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Assist Human Resource Director with recruitment planning developing and executing pipeline talent strategies, job description creation, and interviewing procedures to efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Compose job positing ads for placement in places appropriate to the open position including job boards, social media, college career services offices, professional associations, and on the firm’s site.
- Review applicants to determine JLG fit for job posting or potential need, respond to candidates, conduct pre-screening interviews, schedule informational interviews, maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), and perform reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting, build a network to find qualified passive candidates, and advance the company website recruiting brand and effectiveness.
- Assist with tracking measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process including collect data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, the impact of a continuous improvement process on cost savings, and the improvement of work processes in the time taken or steps involved, employee turnover rate, employee turnover cost, preventable employee turnover, and consider additional measurements to aid in continuous improvement, cost control, and hiring great people.
- Aid marketing in establishing JLG as a recognizable employer of choice, both internally and externally.
- Assist with implementing and advancing collegiate recruiting initiatives through career fairs and other interactive firm engagement opportunities to create a positive student experience and ensure achieving strategic goal as firm of choice for top talent.
- Assist in preparing and implementing employee onboarding orientation.
- Prepares paperwork required for new hires and establishes personnel file.
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Maintains the HRIS database and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist management.
- Periodically audits the database to ensure accuracy.
- Assists in the development and updating of the Human Resources section of the Parti, JLG’s intranet.
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Employee Development
- Assist with talent management initiatives and coordination of annual career conversations
- Administer firm-wide project-based review process under the direction of the Director of Operations
- Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Processes enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs.
- Reconciles monthly billing statements against payroll deductions.
- Assists employees with any benefit claim issues or concerns.
- Participates and collects salary survey data and support total reward statement delivery.
- Employee Relations
- Assists in the development and implementation of an employee guidebook and new personnel policies and procedures.
- Understands and implements practices compliant with employment and labor laws along with educating firm leaders of compliance procedures.
- Monitors Affirmative Action Plan and OFCCP compliance, and files all compliance reports with the state and federal government including Vets 100, EEO-1, and Affirmative Action reports.
- Organization Development
- Participates on various work groups to provide HR support, observe activities, and advance firm and individual goals.
- Participates in planning and implementing various employee relations and employee engagement initiatives to support employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Understand and implement office standards, policies and procedures
- Development of the Human Resources Department
- Administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the firm.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists with the tracking of departmental and firm measurements that support the accomplishment of the firm’s strategic goals.
- Prepares and maintains reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the Human Resources department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Participates in owner’s meetings and attends other meetings as necessary and to represent the department.
- “Can-do” outlook
- Willingness to do what it takes
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Skill sets:
- Detail-orientated and organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
Assist with the human resource day-to-day operations and duties related to benefits, recruiting, training and employee development, HRIS, legal compliance, department and organizational development, employee relations, benefits, and compensation