You’re so creative, people cheer with every pencil stroke. You’re so enthusiastic, you are your own ticker-tape parade. You thrive on detail, you crush deadlines, and you’re such a great multi-tasker that you’re reading this while tuning up your motorcycle.
You want to learn about every single aspect of the architecture world and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Project Support professional. Not just any professional, mind you.
A JLG Project Support:
- Delivers. A PS assists the JLG Project Architects/Managers and Job Captains with project delivery at all phases of design. Whatever needs doing gets done, including understanding monthly staffing assignments to be sure expectations are met.
- Is eager to learn. We want our PSs to become future firm leaders, so it’s important that they are continuously developing Project Support skills, from developing abilities to communicate with clients to creating your own personal ethics.
- Does whatever it takes. Our Project Support staff are just as responsible for our work as our lead architects, and so it’s up to them to keep us successful time and time again.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You need to be on the path to architectural licensure. You must hold a professional degree from an accredited university (BArch or March), although allied professionals may qualify based on credentials – and you must be prepared to one day take the Architectural Registration Exam.
- You must understand technology. Specifically, BIM. You must be an experienced Revit user.
- You are experienced. While you might be a recent graduate, you have worked for a minimum of 2 years in a professional setting.
- You are ready to apply. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
Inc. Magazine’s Best Place to Work. MSN Money’s Top 50 Most Admired U.S. Companies. The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Top 25 Architecture Firms in the Twin Cities. PSMJ Circle of Excellence. Architectural Record Top Architecture Firms. ENR Top 500 Firm. The Zweig Group Top 25 Hot Firm. Grow Grand Best Firm for Young Professionals.
Oh, and we have a couple of design awards, too – somewhere in the area of 100.
For 29 years, JLG Architects has helped our clients work leaner, cleaner, and better. We create comfortable, inviting, exciting environments that raise productivity and lower sick days.
We find unique high performance opportunities to reduce – and sometimes even eliminate – operations costs. We stay on budget, period.
We understand that architecture is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we want to make the most of it. We work hard, and we love what we do.
Nothing makes us more proud than the success of our clients. We make the design and construction process easy so they can focus on being the best in their respective industries.
We have over 100 professionals in twelve offices across the Midwest because we want to be a part of the communities where we work and live every day.
More importantly, our employees are what make us JLG. They are the brains behind our award-winning designs, the heart of our corporate family, and the reason we have been named a Best Place to Work firm, both for professionals and early career adults.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is a part of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
Responsible for assisting the Project Manager/Job Captain with project delivery by following the established JLG standards and performing routine entry-level tasks and assignments, with emphasis on developing the Revit model to align with design intent.
Position Location: Open to consider any JLG office location
•Professional degree from an accredited university (BArch or MArch)
•Allied professionals (landscape architecture, interior design, etc.) may qualify, with their credentials reviewed on a case-by-case basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•Revit experience required
•Verbal, graphic and written communication skills
•Design aptitude as evidenced in professional portfolio
•Positive “can do” attitude
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following (other duties may be assigned)
•Assist Project Manager and project team (including Job Captain) with project delivery at all phases of design.
•Take responsibility for monthly staffing assignments and be proactive in communicating with project team to understand expectations.
•Understand and implement JLG office standards, policies and procedures.
•Acquire a competent knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
•Obtain experience in dealing with governmental agencies, building codes and zoning ordinances.
•Develop ability to communicate with project team, clients, consultants and contractors.
•Gain sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines to understand building integration.
•Acquire knowledge of construction process sufficient to communicate instructions to contractors.
•Explore professional ethics applying to the practice of Architecture.
•Gain an understanding of JLG sustainability initiatives and the LEED process by and overseeing this on at least one project.
•Transfer “redlined” changes to update drawings.
•Understand everything you do; ask questions when you don’t know.
•Develop higher level Revit proficiency and knowledge of JLG Revit standards.
•Develop analytical and problem-solving skills.
•Eligible to apply for “visualization technician” concurrent with this job description.
•Complete the Architectural Experience Program (AXP).
Note: assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes.
TARGET UTILIZATION RATE: 80%
•Willingness to do what it takes
•Sense of ownership and responsibility
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law