You are more than a day-to-day Revit user – you are a guru, an expert, a connoisseur, a whiz. You dream in augmented reality and thrive on the nitty-gritty. Your favorite animal is a Rhino…or maybe a Grasshopper. You crush deadlines, and you’re such a great multi-tasker that you’re reading this while building a custom workflow.
You want to lead, and reap the profits of your efforts, and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Design Technology Manager. Not just any Design Technology Manager, mind you. A JLG Design Technology Manager:
- Is the Champion of Architectural Technology. A JLG Design Technology Manager oversees and maintains the officewide Design Technology and BIM systems. And by oversees, we mean sets the standard and makes sure everyone sticks to it - and also identifies new opportunities for software implementation.
- Supports and Leads the Design Teams. Our Design Tech Manager isn’t afraid to get his or her hands dirty to assure every document is to the highest quality by serving as a ‘help desk’ while developing BIM execution and digital design executive plans.
- Educates, Trains and Researches. JLG is always growing, and our Design Tech Manager will grow with us by developing internal training and education programs and researching new technologies to make us work better, faster, and easier.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You need to be an experienced tech geek. You need to hold a two-year post-secondary degree and have five years of Revit leadership experience. Architecture experience is a big plus, but even if you don’t come with a design background you need to understand the industry’s standard software (Revi, SketchUp, Rhino, 3Ds Max, Dynamo, Bluebeam, Grasshopper, BIM360, etc).
- You should know how to put a building together. You need a basic understanding of building construction and project documentation.
- You know what it means to be a leader. Your “can-do” outlook and willingness to do what it takes garners the respect and confidence of your peers and project team. You stick to your budgets and schedules, period. You communicate. “Organized” is your middle name.
Manages the development and maintenance of JLG Design Technology and procedures including internal education to improve efficiency and design quality.