Our employees are what make us JLG. They are the brains behind our award-winning designs, the heart of our corporate family, and the reason we have been named a Best Place to Work firm, both for professionals and young adults. Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges.
Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is a part of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
Construction Management degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience in the following areas:
- Construction experience – architectural and/or industry, including building technology proficiency
- Customer and Personal Service – ability to project a professional company image through written communications, in-person and phone interaction with employees, clients, vendors, building departments, inspection agencies and the general public.
- Knowledge of Building Codes and ADA Requirements – prior experience with ensuring the architecture includes building code and ADA requirements.
- Cost Estimating – working knowledge of accurate cost estimating
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with basic computer functions and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings and specifications
- Willingness and ability to take on a task and follow it through to completion
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist Construction Services Specialist with bidding/negotiation and construction phase services using JLG standard policies, procedures, and tools.
- Take responsibility for monthly staffing assignments and be proactive in communicating with project team to understand expectations.
- Understand and implement JLG office standards, policies and procedures.
- Acquire a competent knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Obtain experience in dealing with governmental agencies, building codes and zoning ordinances.
- Develop ability to communicate with project team, clients, consultants and contractors.
- Gain sufficient knowledge of engineering disciplines to understand building integration.
- Acquire knowledge of construction process sufficient to communicate instructions to contractors.
- Develop higher level knowledge of construction documents, construction specifications, and cost estimating.
- Understand everything you do; ask questions when you don’t know.
- Develop analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Follow the project checklist thorough project close-out
- Note: assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes.
TARGET UTILIZATION RATE: 80%
- Can-do” outlook
- Willingness to do what it takes
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Design capacity
- Technical skills
Responsible for assisting the Construction Service Specialist and PA/PM with all aspects of the construction administration project phase and performing routine entry-level tasks and assignments, with emphasis on quality assurance review of JLG Projects during construction phase.
- Construction Management, post-gradaute
- Apply by 2/14/2018