JLG Architects is seeking a Construction Services Specialist. Not just any Construction Services Specialist, mind you.
A JLG Construction Services Specialist:
- Gets it built. You will be the JLG guide and the client liaison from pre-bid to close-out using JLG standard policy, procedures and tools. You will support the design team in producing documents which are the pride of the upper Midwest.
- Communicates, communicates, communicates. You work with everyone. Everyone. You need to protect and promote the JLG brand while gaining confidence of stakeholders and team members while also keeping the contractors happy.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
- You need construction experience. You need at least 10 years of experience in the architecture and/or construction industry, including building technology proficiency.
- You are the embodiment of customer and personnel service. Since you interact with literally everyone, you have the ability to project a professional company image throughout everything you do.
- You know building codes and ADA requirements. You have prior experience ensuring the design includes these facets.
- You’ve got your mind on the money. You have a clear understanding and working knowledge of project budgets and cost estimates.
- You are ready to apply. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
Inc. Magazine’s Best Place to Work. MSN Money’s Top 50 Most Admired U.S. Companies. The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal’s Top 25 Architecture Firms in the Twin Cities. PSMJ Circle of Excellence. Architectural Record Top Architecture Firms. ENR Top 500 Firm. The Zweig Group Top 25 Hot Firm. Grow Grand Best Firm for Young Professionals.
Oh, and we have a couple of design awards, too – somewhere in the area of 100.
For 29 years, JLG Architects has helped our clients work leaner, cleaner, and better. We create comfortable, inviting, exciting environments that raise productivity and lower sick days.
We find unique high performance opportunities to reduce – and sometimes even eliminate – operations costs. We stay on budget, period.
We understand that architecture is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we want to make the most of it. We work hard, and we love what we do.
Nothing makes us more proud than the success of our clients. We make the design and construction process easy so they can focus on being the best in their respective industries.
We have 100 professionals in twelve offices across the Midwest because we want to be a part of the communities where we work and live every day.
More importantly, our employees are what make us JLG. They are the brains behind our award-winning designs, the heart of our corporate family, and the reason we have been named a Best Place to Work firm, both for professionals and early career adults.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is a part of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
10 years of experience preferred, including:
• Construction experience – architectural and/or industry, including building technology proficiency
• Customer and Personnel Service – ability to project a professional company image through written communications, in-person and phone interaction with employees, clients, vendors, building departments, inspection agencies and the general public.
• Knowledge of Building Codes and ADA Requirements – prior experience with ensuring the architecture includes building code and ADA requirements.
• Cost Estimating – working knowledge of accurate cost estimating
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Administer bidding/negotiation and construction phase services using JLG standard policies, procedures, and tools
o Help to refine and advance JLG’s standard practices
o Familiarize yourself with the project and its unique goals
o Read the Owner/Architect agreement to clearly understand contracted scope of work
o Assist Project Manager in writing work plan for construction phases
o Display a competent knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
o Follow the project checklist through project close-out
o Provide weekly status reports to project team
o Prioritize budget and schedule
• Manage project team, consultant, owner, client and contractor communications
o Protect and promote the JLG brand
o Gain confidence of stakeholders by being an articulate and consistent communicator
o Develop and maintain project communications plan, including roles and responsibilities for client, project team and consultants
• Support JLG in producing high quality documents
o Work with CA group to develop and implement “best practices”
o Assist in quality assurance reviews
• Manage the JLG Project Checklist; coordinate with project team
• Oversee technical administration of the project from bidding through project close-out
• Initiate contract documents for execution by Project Manager and/or Principal-in-Charge
• Report directly to PIC any matters that jeopardize the success of project which cannot be resolved at intermediate levels of responsibility
• Participate in 360 degree employee review process, providing accurate and meaningful feedback especially as it relates to the JLG organizational structure
o “Can-do” outlook
o Willingness to do what it takes
o Sense of ownership and responsibility
• Skill sets:
o Organizational skills
o Communication skills
o Design and/or technical capacity (as required per job description)
• Management abilities:
o Financial performance/accountability
o Schedule and budget control
o Communication – project team, PIC, consultants, client and other stakeholders
o Client relations
o Respect and confidence of peers and project team
o Marketing /business development skills and effort
o Client sponsorship: obtain repeat business from existing clients
Responsible for all aspects of the construction administration project phase - especially client relations and the execution of contract documents – and provide quality assurance reviews of JLG projects during design phases.
Position Location: Minneapolis, MN